Business Development Manager
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,000 + Commission
- Job Type: Full time
We are Crucible; a team of consultants, marketers, and creative technologists united by a vision: to change the way businesses grow by realising the full potential of their digital ecosystems.
Our mission is to challenge businesses to self-disrupt; to reimagine the way they deliver value to customers by plotting bold new paths.
We’ve developed a new kind of digital business model; a hybrid Consultancy/Agency model that provides business leaders with the digital expertise and guidance to develop customer-centric strategies enabled and powered by digital experiences.
After 5 years the company is taking on some huge new projects and are keen to capitalize on recent successes by maintaining a strong inbound and outbound sales funnel. We are now looking to accelerate the growth of the company by working with an eager and enthusiastic individual to embed with various departments in the business and learn everything there is to know about our sector.
The Business Development Manager will be a crucial part of Crucible’s ambitious growth plans by sourcing and scoping out new leads and prospective clients via a range of sales and marketing activities.
The ideal candidate should be eager to learn from the Crucible team and embed themselves within the sales process. You should be confident, outgoing and dynamic in networking and sales contexts so that the business remains connected with the industry and vice versa.
It is most important for the successful candidate to approach the challenge with an open and enthusiastic approach and have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset. Over time the role will shift its focus from establishing systems, planning campaigns and learning about the company, towards actually winning new work.
This is a ‘midweight’ position but has the potential to quickly grow into senior management as the company grows due to your successes in the role. It is an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate to join at an exciting stage for the business and have the impact of their decisions felt in a small and tightly-knit company.
- Collaborate with the senior management team to plan and deliver a sales strategy to generate revenue
- Contact prospects on a regular basis through relevant channels, manage ongoing relationships and follow up and secure introductions with clients
- Manage and maintain the sales pipeline, sales reporting and providing insights back into the business
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships externally
- Build and maintain first class product, industry and competitor knowledge
- Ensure CRM is up-to-date and accurate at all times
- Responsibility for outbound sales, pitching products and setting up meetings with potential clients
- Coordinating pitch preparation including briefings, status meetings with teams, writing proposals and ensuring all deliverables are of the highest quality
- Regularly attend industry events; feeding back ideas for lead generation, as well as networking opportunities
- You’ll be hugely enthusiastic to embed yourself in a young company, learn from senior management and help build it into a long-term success
- You’ll be excited by the thrill of selling, and the validation that comes from bringing genuine benefit to new clients by convincing them of our approach
- You have 2+ years’ experience in sales
- You are an avid networker and strong relationship builder
- You are extremely organised
- You have flawless, compelling written English
- You are charismatic, a people person, and can quickly build relationships while demonstrating authority
- You have a natural curiosity and keep your ear to the ground when it comes to industry news and are interested in brands and marketing
- You are proactive, enthusiastic, flexible, communicative and calm in stressful situations/tight deadlines
- Experience working at an agency and/or consultancy
- You have knowledge of the work of digital agencies
- Starting salary of £30,000 with regular opportunities to progress
- Commission scheme to be established in collaboration with you
- Active company social life
- Christmas and summer parties
- Work from home until post-pandemic where flexible working will be encouraged
- Flexible working hours
- Bi-Annual appraisals
- Individual training budgets
- Supplier sessions
- Opportunities to learn about other digital disciplines
To apply for the role, send your CV and a cover email by clicking the button below.
Here at Crucible, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.